BHIS has connected with an expert in language services and interpreting technology platforms. We now offer deaf customers the speed and ease of on-site and video remote interpreting.
VRI – Video Remote Interpreting:
- VRI conducts interpretation via live internet technology
- Offers high resolution video and audio online interpreter services for enhanced non-verbal communication that results in a more personal, enjoyable interaction than OPI
- Does not require rental or purchase of expensive equipment
- Saves on travel, time and expense
- Provides business, healthcare, law enforcement and education providers with a great way to connect with clients and community
Like Facetime, you can do VRI interpreting anywhere so long as the location is private and secure. In order to protect the privacy of the consumer, it’s important that the video remote interpreter be able to accommodate the mode of communication used by the deaf or hard of hearing person in terms of American Sign Language.