Connecting Two Worlds
Access to essential resources, services and products can be difficult for those who cannot hear.
Blessed Hands helps businesses, organizations and professional services connect with the Deaf Community in meaningful ways.
Where there is accessibility there is opportunity that leads to a lifetime of stability.
Our services include:
We facilitate communication as needed in a variety of personal, professional and commercial settings:
- PRESS/PUBLIC MEDIA: Public events, conventions, announcements – live and televised
- HEALTH CARE: Hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, nursing homes
- LEGAL: Law firms, law enforcement, courts
- BUSINESS/PROFESSIONAL: Interviews, training, meetings, conferences, seminars
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: Insurance, accounting, financial assistance
- EDUCATION: Universities, schools, parent-teacher conferences
- WORSHIP: Religious ceremonies, meetings, events
Learn American Sign Language
“Sign languages are based on the idea that vision is the most useful tool a deaf person has to communicate and receive information.” – The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders (NIDCD)
Our Simply ASL class teaches American Sign Language to anyone who is interested in learning how to communicate and interact with Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Deaf/Blind persons.
American Sign Language is “a complete, complex language that employs signs made by moving the hands combined with facial expressions and postures of the body. It is the primary language of many North Americans who are deaf and is one of several communication options used by people who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.”
Whether you are an employee, co-worker or colleague, this class explains how to receive, service, communicate and accommodate deaf persons in any type of business or social setting.
Other agencies just provide interpretation services.
We educate, advocate and assist through our Delphine Alfred Duncan Foundation for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DAD). DAD encourages the Deaf to connect with the hearing community for the jobs, products and services they need to be more productive in all areas of their lives.